We are getting pretty close to completing the concept of this creepy fantasy door. The ZBrush setup is pretty much done... so we have a decent high-res sculpt and some details using custom brushes. I'm not going to do a lot of the super high-frequency details in ZBrush and instead, I'll add some surface noise using the texture maps.
Before we move into what I've done to set this project up for Substance 3D Painter we'll have to optimise the mesh a little bit... right now is just a series of Dynamesh subtools with lots of resolution, so we are just under 30 million polygons:
There are different ways to approach the optimisation of a project like this but it'll come down to how you want to handle the different subtools and/or if you want to have some kind of control over the different bits and pieces.
Before I show you what I did, let me show you what I did for another set of details I did for the bottom area of the door, its a pretty neat workflow:
Join us today and get the exclusive monthly content!
Sign up now to get access to the full library of posts and all the good stuff from upcoming monthly projects.